Pages

November 30, 2011

Update: My Christmas Pledge


My children informed me this morning that there are only 25 sleeps until Christmas. 25 sleeps. 25 SLEEPS!! 
I have a confession to make: I’m way behind my schedule of finishing all of my holiday preparations by December 4th (see this post).
Okay, I’m way ahead of any schedule that I’ve had in previous years. Just last year found me scrambling at the malls on December 23rd and wrapping gifts way into the wee hours of Christmas Eve. Our lights were put up only 5 days before the big day. If I put it in those terms, I can feel somewhat better about letting myself (and my readers) down a bit with my ambitious timeline for this year.
Here is what I’ve accomplished so far:
  1. My gift list is nearly complete. It would be much easier if the girls had a more specific list than “everything at Mastermind” and “puppies, guinea pigs, hamsters and kittens.”
  2. About half of our gifts are purchased. About half of those are wrapped. (Thank goodness for stores that wrap for you. I think I’ll shop at them for the rest of my gifts too).
  3. The outside Christmas lights are up.
What needs to be done:
  1. Delegate more of these duties to my willing husband (right, honey??).
  2. Finish shopping and wrapping by Friday.
  3. Buy stocking stuffers by December 4th.
  4. Decorate the inside of the house (once our renovations are complete today!).
  5. Design Christmas cards and order if there is enough time. 
  6. Buy tree and decorate by December 13th. At least this is still on track.
  7. Bake cookies and other Christmas treats by December 15th.
So enough writing already. I’ve got work to do! I hope that the rest of you are having luck keeping to your Christmas pledge if you took it. Let me know! I’d love to be inspired by you.

Image © Lori Martin | Dreamstime.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...